Final year students and equivalent:
- Students expected to be in their final year.
- Students on flexible programmes where the final year cannot be predicted, after they are expected to have undertaken more than one full-time equivalent (FTE) and not before their fourth academic year of study.
Students with the following funding arrangements:
- Students on Initial Teacher Training courses funded by the National College for Teaching and Leadership
- Students studying NHS-funded subjects.
- All students studying on directly funded, prescribed Higher Education courses at FECS and FEIs.
However, the following are not eligible:
- Students on programmes that do not lead to undergraduate qualifications or credits.
- Students on a course lasting one year or one FTE or less.
- Any students who were eligible in the NSS 2016 (whether or not they responded) and who remain at the same institution.
Students are included in the 2017 survey population if they are expected to complete their course between 1 February 2017 and 31 January 2018 inclusive.